You are on Antalya for your holiday and you heard about the fame of İstanbul, Turkey’s biggest city with a magnificent historical background. Here is your chance to visit İstanbul, with a daily programme full of historical and natural beauties of the city.
During your stay in Antalya, fly to Istanbul for a full-day tour of the top attractions in the old city of Istanbul. Visit Topkapı Palace, the Hippodrome, Blue Mosque, and the Egyptian (Spice) Bazaar, then have the option to take a sightseeing cruise on the Bosphorus River and have dinner before your return flight. Includes round-trip plane tickets, guide, entrance fees to Topkapi Palace, and hotel pickup and drop-off.
- In the morning, transfer from your Antalya hotel to Antalya International Airport for your flight to Istanbul.
- The domestic flight lasts a little more than one hour and upon your arrival to Istanbul Airport, your guide meets you and transports you to the old town district of Sultahnamet to begin your city tour.
- Step into the splendid Topkapı Palace that housed the Ottoman Sultans in splendor for centuries. See exhibits that include Ottoman jewelry, belts and traditional clothes; sacred relics that are said to have belonged to the Prophet Mohammed; ceramics from China, weapons, and more.
- Next, have free time to purchase lunch at the restaurant or cafe of your choice. Afterward, walk around Hippodrome Square, once the social center of Constantinople during the reign of the Byzantine Empire. Stop at monuments such as the Obelisk of Theodosius, the Serpentine Column, and the Fountain of Kaiser Wilhelm II.
- In the center of the old city, view the exquisite Blue Mosque (Sultanahmet), named for the blue tiles that adorn the lofty interior. Your final stop is the Egyptian (Spice) Bazaar, where you can shop for a range of goods, from clothing and jewelry to carpets.
- Afterward, have free time for a Bosphorus River sightseeing cruise (optional for an extra charge), followed by dinner (optional and at own expense) at a local restaurant. Dinner options include hot and cold appetizers, salad, fish, meatballs or chicken, and fruit or dessert.
- Around 8pm, return to Istanbul Ataturk Airport for your flight back to Antalya where your tour ends with drop-off at your hotel.
Turkey remains the most popular summer destination for residents of many countries. Mediterranean resort of Antalya, Alanya, Kemer and other cities every summer, attracting thousands of visitors. The cultural capital of Turkey, Istanbul (Istanbul), is still a little bit away from the mass influx of tourists, though worthy of close attention. Over its long history, Istanbul has visited the capital of two empires, who left behind a wealth of cultural monuments and sites of global significance. Traces of the earliest settlements in Istanbul dated the 4th millennium BC, and the first major state here was the Byzantine Empire. Then the city was called Constantinople – more than a thousand years it was the capital of the Byzantine Empire and one of the largest centers of Christianity on earth. The main monument of the period was the Hagia Sophia, still exists today. In 1453 the city was conquered by the Turks, and since then became the capital of the Ottoman Empire. Thus began the Islamic history page of Istanbul, is still ongoing. In 1923, after the proclamation of the Turkish Republic, the country’s capital was the city of Ankara and Istanbul was a cultural, business and tourist center of Turkey. In combination with interesting monuments of history and unique geographical location – at the crossroads of Europe and Asia, on the banks of the Bosphorus Strait that connects the Black Sea and the Marmara – Istanbul deserves to spend on a trip to a whole week.Instant Booking on Whatsapp Contact +90 549 119 19 00 for more information and reservation. Instant Booking on Telegram Contact +90 549 119 19 00 for more information and reservation.
We are visiting Hagia Sophia instead of Topkapi Palace on Tuesdays.